Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2014

Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Tumeric and Cumin


Mediterranean Tuna Salad with Tumeric and Cumin. Zesty and Delish!

Ok, so I keep seeing these posts and reading stuff about the benefits of Tumeric and Cumin (also about a lot of other foods coincidentally that are missing from my diet, but we'll get there). Since they are not spices that I normally use so I had to buy them, but I really wanted to start experimenting with new spices so I figured, why not start with these! First off, if you haven't tried them, they are good, but bold so you'll want to use sparingly. Here is what I did to make a super scrumptious Mediterranean inspired tuna salad.

Main ingredients
One can any brand tuna in water
One tablespoon of mayo (more or less to your liking)
Roughly 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard
One tablespoon dill pickle relish
One tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
One teaspoon chopped red onion (optional)
2-3 small chopped green olives (optional, would be fine on the side too)

Seasoning 
Start small, you can always add more. I'm not one to really measure out my spices, but I used about
1/8th teaspoon of tumeric
1/8th teaspoon of cumin
1/8th teaspoon of garlic powder

That's it! You can always play around with the ingredients (maybe add a chopped hard boiled egg) and even double the recipe as needed. I served mine in a sandwich, but it would be great on crackers too!
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment